Role play (Script): Love and Time

 

 

Drama: Love and time

 

Characters:


               
 Love (main character



 Happiness


 Saddness

           
                       

 Vanity


Knowledge

Richness


    Elder

Time

 

Scene 1

Setting: Island

Narrator: Once upon a time, there was an Island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, Love and all of the others. Once it was announced to the feelings that the island is going to sink, so all of them constructed boats and left, except for love.

 Happiness: Hello! Friends did you all got the information that our home is soon going to sink and all of us should hurry to the safe dry places.

Sadness: Yes, Happiness we are aware of that and it is better for us to leave this island as fast as possible or else we will be buried along with the island under the sea.

 Knowledge: Dear friends, let us start constructing boats to escape this place before it’s too late.

Happiness: Sure, sure Knowledge I am already done with it and soon leaving this place.

Narrator: All most all of the feelings constructed boats and left. Love was the only one who stayed until the last possible moment.

(The background scene will be in the island, in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by water. As the scene starts I will play peaceful back ground music. I will use different face mask and dresses for different feelings. For happiness I will use bright yellow dress, dull color dress for sadness, orange color for knowledge, purple for richness, blue for Vanity, brown for Elder and green for love. The other props used in this scene are blue piece of cloth to symbolize ocean, paper made trees, three to four paper made houses and paper boats).

 

Scene 2

Setting: Island and ocean.

Narrator: Most of the feelings have reached to the safer places and some of them are still making their way to the dry places. When the island had almost sunk, love decided to ask for help.

Love: Richness, can you take me with you? I am left all alone and I have no boat.

Richness: No, I can’t. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you.

Narrator: love decided to ask Vanity who was passing by in a beautiful vessel.

Love: Vanity, please help me!

Vanity: I can’t help you, love. You are all wet and might damage my boat.

Narrator: then, love came across the Sadness and asked for help.

Love: Sadness let me go with you.

Sadness: Oh! Love, I am so sad that I need to be all by myself!

Narrator: Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even listen when love called her for help.

(The background scene will be at the island and in the ocean. I will play sad background music to denote the sad feelings when everyone refused to help love escape from the island. I will use the dull color light to symbolize the dusk in the sky to remind the audience that the night is befalling and the other props will be used as same in the scene one)

 

Scene 3

Setting: Island, ocean and dry land.

Narrator: All of the feelings left and reached to safer places. Everyone refused to help love and he was all alone praying for someone to help him leave the island. Suddenly, there was a voice.

Elder: Come, Love. I will take you with me.

Narrator: Love was too happy and overjoyed. Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at the dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much he owed to the elder, Love wanted to thank her for helping him but elder was nowhere to be found and he could only see his other friends.

Love: Knowledge, who helped me? I could not figure out who she really was and thought it was elder.

Knowledge: It was time, who helped you.

Love: Time? But why did time help me?

Narrator: Knowledge smiled with great wisdom and answered to Love.

Knowledge: Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is.

(In the third scene, the background scene will be at three different places that are in the island, ocean and on the dry land. The background scenes on the island and ocean will be same like scene one and two. For the dry land I will use both green and dry grasses made of paper sheets, different paper sheets of our height and the use the sketch of animals and birds to depict the beautiful scenery of the Oceanside. Other props will be same as of those used in the previous scenes).


 Description : This script is mainly designed for upper primary children. All the characters are appealing and little children would definitely enjoy performing this script. Role play will not only improve fluency and speaking skills of a child it will also help them to gain confidence and it will act as a space for them to show case their talent.

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dzongs build by Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal

Video tutorial on "Different Forms of Energy" (class five science)

My story